Wednesday, August 04, 2004

A little thing that made me cheerful today

While at Walmart in Meridian, MS on Sunday, I spilled a Diet Coke in my purse. The purse was a cloth and vinyl affair, a couple of years old, and probably ruined. I was unable to find a replacement I liked at Walmart (go figure!)

My ideal purse will be spacious, but not overly so. It will close with a zipper, and will not look like leather unless it really is. It will also have a shoulder strap, vs. handbag straps, or a single adjustable strap that can function as either.

I went to lunch and shopping with a friend today. We went to Target. I didn't really find a purse that I liked there, either. But I did find a purse that I can live with. Normally, I wouldn't spend money on something that I find only acceptable - but this was $3.25! For that price, I can learn to live with it. Maybe I'll even grow to like it.

6 Comments:

Blogger Randy said...

Wow! I too went to Target yesterday, probably the very same one.

8/05/2004 08:43:00 AM  
Blogger Randy said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8/05/2004 08:44:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG! I went to Target yesterday, too! PLUS, I drink Diet Coke, too! Why the heck were you concealing it in your purse? Do they have laws against drinking Diet Coke in public? Why didn't you put it in a plain brown paper bag so you didn't risk ruining your purse?
:)
- Brenda

8/05/2004 09:15:00 AM  
Blogger Kim Siever said...

That would certianly be a sight, drinking from a brown paper bag in a Target.

:)

8/05/2004 10:55:00 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

I put the Diet Coke in my purse because I was going in to the bathroom, and I didn't want to put it down (eww). And it wasn't really hidden, but it tipped over. And it was in a McDonald's cup, not in a bottle that I could reseal.

8/05/2004 12:57:00 PM  
Blogger JoeinVegas said...

I like the concept of putting a straw in your purse and just continuing to dring the coke. You might be able to create a whole new fashion statement - instead of carrying around a water bottle, how about a purse with a straw - or build one into the strap so it would be by your mouth - great idea!!

8/05/2004 04:04:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home