Thursday, August 05, 2004

Vote For Change

I'm excited about the Vote For Change concerts. I'm trying to figure out if there's a way in my severely unemployed state that I can actually go see Springsteen and R.E.M. in Orlando. I'll probably have to sell something.

I've read a lot about what Mr. Springsteen has to say about why he's doing this. He says that the political situation is such that he felt obligated to expend some of the goodwill he has from his fans to affect change in the election this fall. I think that his presence adds some gravitas to the events - Bonnie Raitt is always at these sorts of affairs, but Bruce has never participated in partisan politics before. He's always been very issue oriented - Second Harvest and other food banks are always a presence at his concerts, and he always mentions them and urges the fans to donate.

But all this political stuff is just a cover for me, really. 'Cause I just really, really want to see Bruce and the band play again.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You could sell your spleen. I think there is a black market for body parts. -Brenda

8/06/2004 11:30:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home