Saturday, December 27, 2003

Except for Christmas 1988 and a Homemaking meeting in 1999, I've not used a sewing machine since I was in 7th grade, back in 19(mumble). A friend has given me a sewing machine, and I'm determined to make curtains. But I started out mending some of my husband's pants.

WHY is this man so hard on pants? We bought him four new pair of pants in August of this year, and three of them have been ripped out. Two of the three are ripped out in places and in such a way that I will not be able to mend them with my rudimentary sewing skills, so my mother-in-law and I will have to spend precious teaching-curtain-sewing time mending pants instead. I mean, it's not as if the man is double jointed or does yoga.

But, I got three pair mended (two were older pair, not really suitable for work but fine for around the house) and now I know a bit about the tricks my sewing machine does.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home