Thursday, December 25, 2003

Time so flies when you're having fun...kind of.

Christmas has arrived, and the small boy was just delighted with his new bike and baseball glove. He got a huge set of wooden train tracks that have been the hit of the day. Santa took his socks out of the packages and wrapped them in various size bundles. He only got two packages of socks, but it seemed like every other present he opened was socks. We'll have to talk with Santa about his wrapping strategy next year, before he starts wrapping.

Older son got entertainment for Christmas: several movies, DVD's of old comedy shows, a classical music CD, and the requisite socks and underwear. Unlike small son, older son's gifts were mostly consolidated into a single box. (Santa must have had a different elf do older son's wrapping.) He had fewer presents to open, but he smiled from ear to ear when he opened the box with all the media inside. I'm hopeful that we will be able to watch "This Is Spinal Tap" together before the weekend is out.

The turkey is stuffed and baking. Pies are baked and covered. We had a big breakfast, and we'll have a big early supper.

I'm so glad we were able to stay home this year. Extended family is nice, but I like my own house and my own bed.

This is my first time buying a local Christmas tree. We bought the tree from a "choose and cut" place just a mile or so from our house. But the trees were so different! In Ohio, I was used to imported firs, pines, and spruces. One year, we cut a very large offshoot off a blue spruce growing in my back yard and it was not only gorgeous, it smelled great and lasted forever. The local trees here, though, are cypress. Not at all what I'm used to. This year, we got a Carolina Sapphire, which is a pretty blue-green. It was shaped kind of funny - sort of like an upside-down chili pepper. But I've gotten used to it, and once it was decorated, it was just fine.

Tomorrow, DH and I will go buy a digital camera for ourselves - using some of our own money and some of the money we got from my parents.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home