Friday, December 26, 2003

One of the most rewarding things I've ever done was sing in front of a large audience.

When I lived in Lubbock, I tried out for the chorus of a musical put on by First United Methodist Church. They did Guys and Dolls; a great show. I was in the Mission Band, and had a great time marching while singing "Follow the Fold," and even more fun doing "Sit Down You're Rockin' the Boat."

That fall, I started singing with their twice-a-month choir at the early services, and wormed my way into the Music Minister's good graces. The next year, I tried out for a couple of parts in Oliver. I didn't get the part I wanted (the Widow) because...well, because. But I DID get a small solo in the "Who Will Buy?" number.

It was awesome. Me, unmiked, all by myself, singing for two shows in front of 1000 people.

That was when I knew I could do anything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home