Wednesday, December 10, 2003

On another matter entirely, I've had some brief correspondence with the guy (referenced below) who I got really angry with over political stuff (name-calling). I think y'all know who I mean. It's got me thinking a bit about this online writing stuff. I tend to self-edit a bit anyway, because I want to respect the privacy of people who are important to me (I can't imagine writing anything about my husband here, he's a very private sort and wouldn't like it at all). But now, I've written something that I'm having second thoughts about, but there it is...out there for all to read.

There's a fellow named Ed who posts on the Folk of the Fringe who talks a lot about owning his behavior and not being ashamed of who he once was and what he once thought. I'm not so brave, I guess. I don't know if I like the idea of leaving my rants out there for all the world to see six months after I'm so OVER it. But they were there, and it was real, and if this isn't about being real, what's the point? Unless it's not about being real, but about the writing. I haven't figured that out yet.

If some of my posts from December suddenly disappear, y'all will know that I've reached a conclusion. Input gratefully accepted!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home