Friday, December 12, 2003

What a day. I sure am working hard for someone without a job. About two years ago I bid $500 for a piece of a GED scoring program that I have spent hundreds and hundreds of hours on in the last three years. I just want it working and behind me. It's not that the work isn't interesting (it is) but I don't WANT to do programming for free. Furthermore, the programming contributes not one tiny thing to the value of the product we provide our customers, which makes it even less enjoyable to do.

On the upside, we have a good relationship with the processor of the data I'm "massaging," and since they are a competitor, I think that says a lot for us.

The garage door broke today. DH could have spent several hours fixing it. Or, we could do what I did instead, which was call a professional. Thirty minutes and 80 dollars later, it was fixed, with a nice new brace that will (hopefully) keep the problem from recurring.

DH wants to redo our bedroom closet. It's a good size, but has a terrible configuration. He's a handy guy, and I'm sure he can do the work, but I want the design to be good. Are any of my friends out there closet closet designers?

Sometimes, all I have to write about is the dull stuff. But that's OK, really. I like having a low-key life. Drama is highly overrated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home