Wednesday, May 05, 2004

Blogging on TV

Pound, a blog I read, has an entry today about her appearance on Chicago's Fox TV affilliate about blogging. Just think, she got to appear on the news in a major US market because she blogs! OK, so she's a very well known blogger, with a book deal and stuff, but still. What I crave most, more than anything, is attention. When I was young, I even preferred negative attention to being ignored. I want lots of people to read my blog, but my audience is mostly just people I know from other places on the web. I don't write about exciting things like the tricks I turn or economics or political satire or how my life changed (but stayed the same) when I lost a lot of weight. There is even a blog by a Mormon woman college professor in New York called "Celibate in the City" that is about her dating and not having sex that is way more interesting than what I write.

I did have a Google hit the other day that was from a search on cardinal nesting. Maybe more people are linked to my blog than I think. I'm proud to be linking Miserable Failure still. Maybe the secret to lots of hits and getting on TV is linking to lots of other blogs. Or maybe I need to be a better writer. The first time I wrote this, I typed "right" instead of "write." Yeesh, even spell check wouldn't pick that up.

Maybe I need a focus, but that would imply something that simply doesn't exist in my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home