Friday, August 06, 2004

My Sink is Shiny

Miranda's recent reference to FlyLady motivated me to go check it out. Another friend had recommended it (hmmmm...) so I thought maybe I might learn something. It's an interesting program, one that might just work at helping me get my house in order. Today, I followed all the First Day baby steps - Get dressed all the way to your shoes, make your bed, and shine your kitchen sink. Tonight, I will spend 20 minutes straightening up, pick out my clothes for tomorrow, make sure the sink is shiny, and get ready for bed. Tomorrow, I will add one item to the "morning routine;" probably doing a load of laundry.

It's a start. Too soon to commit, but it's a start. And I do like my shiny sink.

3 Comments:

Blogger Miranda said...

The emails really intimidate me, so I purchased her book "Sink Reflections" which has her basic program outlined. I also delete a lot of stuff if I start to feel overwhelmed in any way. I found a local group and I feel much more comfortable there.

I really love the internet, so many niche interests represented!

8/07/2004 01:06:00 PM  
Blogger Miranda said...

Speaking of shiny sinks...

At my old place, my sink was stainless steel and very easy to shine. When I moved in my new house, a forty year old formerly white and now tan porcelain sink greeted me. Ugh. Why bother with that ugly thing?

Well, I decided to shine it the long way and no one was more suprised than me to find out that bleach and elbow grease restored my sink to its bright white glory. I love waking up to that sink.

8/07/2004 01:09:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmmmm.... funny thing -- I love the smell of a bleachy clean sink.

-Brenda

8/07/2004 09:12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home