Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Uncooperative

I have been spending my time working at home putting together documentation on what I have done. I have been writing memos, action plans, project notes, etc., and organizing them into nice neat folders so that my co-workers won't be left in a bind when I'm gone. I like my co-workers. They're nice people.

Today, I got a message on my cell phone from Catbert. The IT consultant would like to speak with me about a couple of our vendors. The consultant is going to pick up and finish one of the major tasks I've been working on.

I don't want to help the consultant. I feel no obligation to provide guidance and direction to the person who stole my job, and will be making double (minimum) what I did for doing it.

I haven't quite decided how I'm going to respond. I'm going to sleep on it. DH suggests that I ask the consultant to put his questions in a memo form, that I will then respond to. Then he can get the information he needs, but I don't actually have to talk to him.

4 Comments:

Blogger Phoebe said...

Big ick. If you want unsolicited advice from an unwise person, then here it is: stall for a long time, then hand in a vague and nebulous "Zen of Computer Support" manual.

7/27/2005 09:00:00 AM  
Blogger Trail Seeker said...

Another probably unwise idea, stall untill your unemployed, then tell them you will have to charge them for your time and make it unreasonable amount. I like phoebe's idea too.

Good to see an update here, missed you.

7/27/2005 10:37:00 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

I e-mailed Catbert and told him to have Job Thief call me any time today.

That way, I'm not being unhelpful, but the ball's not in my court.

I wonder if Catbert has Googled me and found this web site?

7/27/2005 12:52:00 PM  
Blogger JoeinVegas said...

Best to do the questions and responses in writing - more formal, and more time to think.
But good idea to stall and then come back as a consultant - several people I worked with at assorted jobs did that, were fired, then management found out they were really needed, and came back somewhat for $$$. Usually just to train a replacement, but it was something.

7/27/2005 02:55:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home