Monday, July 04, 2005

Linking my buds

I have a bunch of buddies whose blogs I read every day. Compulsively. But I'm much better now.

Many of these blogging buddies link to me, but I don't link to them. It started out as a privacy thing (one or two of my buds didn't want linked). Now, I think it's mostly inertia. Plus, we all link to each other in one way or another. If you got to my blog, odds are that you arrived via one of my buddies' links, and you can find all the others by the way you arrived.

Posters from the other places I write (the DAMU, the bloggernacle) are not likely to wander over to my personal blog, because I don't use my blog as my URL in comments - I use the New Order Mormons web site. I try to keep my Real Life separate from much of the Mormon stuff, because if people were to read the different things I write about Mormonism in different places, they'd think I had multiple personalities. Let's just say that I'm conflicted.

For now, I don't plan on linking to my pals on my blog. But I love you guys, and I'm delighted that you link to me.

4 Comments:

Blogger Randy said...

I appreciate your comments over at my place, and I enjoy reading your material too.

7/04/2005 06:46:00 PM  
Blogger Miranda said...

I didn't link for a long time, but I really wanted to acknowledge my blog buds in some way. Links seem to be the currency of the blogosphere, so that's what I used.

Besides, as I've moved away from DAMU, I've wanted to steer a few others your way. And my sitemeter sees everything! ;-)

7/04/2005 10:36:00 PM  
Blogger Trail Seeker said...

miranda: DAMU is a good acronym, pronounced as "damn you", it is what I feel about the leadership involved.

You know Ann, if you had put a link on your blog to mine, I would have felt so special ;-) I never spent the time trying to figure out how to add all those margin links, so I never linked to anyone or anything.

7/05/2005 11:10:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel like I owe you and NOM a lot! You and a couple of others helped me through a had time when i was a struggling BYU student. Maybe someone else will find thier way to help through the links. If not, I enjoy reading what you write, and that is enough for me :)

7/05/2005 04:22:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home