Thursday, July 21, 2005

Visitors

My in-laws are coming for a visit. They wanted to come visit and pick up their car, and they are leaving their older car for us to keep. Very nice of them! However, we sort of set the date before our vacation earlier this month. And then they never really confirmed. As of Sunday, they still weren't sure if they were coming.

Last night, they called and said "We're leaving tomorrow."

I suggested to DH that maybe if they waited a week, I would have free time to spend with them because my job would be finished, finito, kaput. I guess he wasn't as encouraging about that idea as I would have been, because they left today anyway.

They won't be here until tomorrow, which gives us a day to clean. Actually, it gives us about two hours to clean, since it's already 9:30. Between the last time I talked to them and the time they let us know they were indeed coming, my world kind of collapsed. Again.

My therapist says that if they have a clean room to sleep in and a clean bathroom to use, the rest can just slide. Life happens. I like that idea. But we'll probably clean the family room, too, anyway.

4 Comments:

Blogger Miranda said...

I'm sure you will have a good time with your husband's family, but I imagine the last minute nature of the visit is a bit stressful.

Guess this means that your first week off of work really will feel like a vacation.

7/22/2005 12:17:00 AM  
Blogger Chris Tolworthy said...

Ooh, I know about cleaning. My family has been away on holiday for a week (nothing sinister). Which was great because I've had tons more time on the computer. But they come back tomorrow, and I've been a typical male where cleaning is concerned. Time to put some clothes away I think...

Have a great time with your inlaws! Talking of inlaws, I'm half watching the Gilmore Girls (taping it for DW). It reminds me of you. Ironically, this is the episode where a friend becomes a Mormon. I love the reference to funny underwear and the look on Michel's face.

7/22/2005 03:50:00 AM  
Blogger JoeinVegas said...

Woo Hoo - dinner out every night! Enjoy (well, try) your last week at work and treat this as your vacation to. Don't clean, let them worry about entertainment, and let them take you out every night.

7/22/2005 09:49:00 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

My last day at work is not until 7/29. Then I get two more weeks severence pay. Yowsa.

7/22/2005 08:35:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home