Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Left Out

Randy's comment about the wedding reception left me all confused. Perhaps this is just my natural state.

Do any of my readers take it personally when other people in your peer group get something that you don't? If you are not invited to a wedding reception when everybody at church (that you don't attend any more) is? If everybody at your office gets two cutely wrapped little American flags, but you get only one?

Maybe it's a remnant of my retreating self-loathing that I take such "slights" to heart. Or is that how normal people respond. Are any of you, my beloved audience, "normal"?

4 Comments:

Blogger Trail Seeker said...

You need to learn not to rent space out to people like that, not enough time in life to spend much time with that. Sure things like this effect me, but if I don't let it go, I am allowing myself to be controlled by someone else. Yeah, it is not always as easy as it sounds, I am still working on my own advice.

6/29/2005 05:57:00 PM  
Blogger Randy said...

Yeah, it can bug me when other people in my peer group get rewards that I don't get. In this particular case, it's heartening to know that I'm totally off the radar screen of the local LDS Church.

6/29/2005 09:18:00 PM  
Blogger JoeinVegas said...

It used to bother me, but lately I've started to realize that everyone is different, and I get things that they might not, so who cares? The only major complaint comes when the pay raises or promotions aren't based on work performed but on friendships.

6/30/2005 02:41:00 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

Joe brings up two excellent points - first that I get stuff that others don't. Sorry, but that's the natural order of things. :)

Two, that it's worse when being "left out" hits you in the pocket book, and it's based on personalities, not performance. Very true! Better to be passed over for a party than a raise.

6/30/2005 02:49:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home