Friday, January 02, 2004

The in-laws have come and gone. They are wonderful guests; low maintenance, kind, and easy-going. On the other hand, they were always here. FIL is in poor health, and I am notoriously low in empathy for such things. I found myself thinking on more than one occasion, "Stop saying 'What?' and put in your damn hearing aids, man!" I know that I will be old one day, but I will at least have the good grace to not be annoying about it. I know, I'm so selfish.

MIL is a joy. She helped me break in my new sewing machine by making some valances for the bay window in our breakfast room. I can't believe what a huge difference just two yards of fabric makes! I'm so excited about sewing now that I think I'm going to make matching napkins, chair pads and a table runner. But first, I want to make curtains for older son's room. And small son's room. And my room. I have blinds in all these windows, but no curtains. When I've practiced on all the bedrooms, I'll make draping curtains for the front windows.

I took them house hunting one day, and enjoyed it very much. FIL said I should go into real estate sales. I'm also thinking I might want to do H. & R. Block training...I'm good with taxes, I might want to be an accountant, and I'm starting to get nervous about not having a job.

I had an interview at local bank Monday, and it went really well. I thoroughly enjoy interviews. Maybe that's why I don't have the job I want yet...the interviewers think I'm not serious enough because I enjoy the interview. No more negative thinking. I will find the job I want. I just need to keep looking and think positive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home