Sunday, March 05, 2006

Weekends are short

I worked really hard this week; it seemed that I was constantly crunching from one task to another with persistent attention to a difficult problem as I could. I've made huge progress with the difficult problem, and stayed on top of a lot of other things, but at the end of the day, I'm always fried, with a stack of stuff still to do.

I really, really love my job.

But as for the weekend, two days is simply not enough. Yesterday was spent on taxes and grocery shopping. We also went to look at carpet, but the sales person apparently lost interest when she realized we weren't going to make a decision yesterday. I lost interest in buying carpet from her when, after we spent 20 minutes waiting around and looking around while she helped another customer until that customer left, she left us after ten minutes to go talk to another customer.

I have a pile of stuff I want to get done today. Sunday dinner is cooking, and I'm working on the family room between paragraphs. I have four lbs. of strawberries to clean, and lots of laundry to fold (once DH starts washing it!) I also want to clean the vanity in our room, and somewhere in there, work in a nap. And play with Little Boy. Very important, that last one!

My mother had surgery Friday. I didn't go to Ohio, because what could I do? I've been staying in touch with what's going on through my dad and my daughter. My three brothers are also on the scene. So far, the recovery is going well. I haven't been able to talk to mom yet, and I don't think I can for at least several days.

I learned a new phrase recently. The region where Older Son son attends school is in the "Gulf Opportunity Zone." You get extra tax breaks for going to school there. Positively Orwellian.

3 Comments:

Blogger Miranda said...

I am sorry to hear your mom needed surgery. I hope she recovers relatively quickly.

Things sound completely Orwellian down there on so many fronts.

3/05/2006 04:53:00 PM  
Blogger Trail Seeker said...

Glad to hear the recovery is going well for your Mom. I am sure she will love to hear your voice when she is able.

3/05/2006 06:07:00 PM  
Blogger JoeinVegas said...

Opportunity zone. Yes, many opportunities.

3/06/2006 03:15:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home