Sunday, November 05, 2006

Progress

I got a lot done, but didn't finish. Soon, soon, soon. Has to be soon; new tests start coming in ten days!

This guy pointed me to this guy's web page, and it's been very interesting reading it the last couple of days. I've found his most recent post, about l'affaire Haggard, absolutely inspiring. What a perplexing development.

It's really weird. For the longest time, I've thought myself agnostic, and suddenly, because some Godbag (Twisty's term; look halfway down the page) slips publicly and dramatically, I'm thinking seriously about Jesus again. All thanks to a middle-aged Baptist living in Kentucky - that's THREE ADJECTIVES that I would normally mock! It must be that he's a Reds fan.

Twisty's most recent post at I Blame the Patriarchy, Feminism and the Feed Bag is a terrific essay on femininity as a tool of the patriarchy. My favorite quote:

...not a “bad feminist” but merely one of countless women for whom the constant struggle against dudely dominion is too exhausting. Women are under attack. Femininity is a survival skill. Use it and delight, lose it and fight. There are arguments to support either position. But let’s not kid ourselves that one is the other.

Gosh, I wish I could write like that.

2 Comments:

Blogger doug said...

"dudely dominion is too exhausting"

agreed, in more ways than one

11/05/2006 11:43:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found myself sneering (sorry, I'm just spreading cynicism all over this little corner of the blogosphere) at how they were all rushing in to cover Haggard's sins in some of those comments. Where was all this Christian forgiveness for Bill Clinton?

11/06/2006 10:28:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home