Wednesday, May 12, 2004

Starting again

I just lost a blog entry when I tried to publish it. How annoying. But maybe it's a sign that I should write about something else.

Day two (yesterday) of "Stop Procrastinating!" was also very successful. I finished fixing some glitches in the GED software that had been hanging over my head for a few weeks. Now they are not.

Today I had a very encouraging interview for a temp gig at the Tulane National Primate Research Center. I presented myself well, listened attentively, asked good questions and provided good, thoughtful answers to the questions presented to me. At the end of the interview (which lasted almost two hours) the interviewer took me around and introduced me to members of the IT staff with "Ann is considering the temporary support staff position." Like it was all up to me! Maybe he did that with everyone he's interviewed. He's not done interviewing, but he wants to make a decision by Monday. The job will last anywhere from six weeks to six months, with a possibility (but no promises!) of going permanent. I'm trying to be hopeful without getting my hopes up.

Day three of "Stop Procrastinating!" has not been so successful. I was at the interview all morning, and have spent the afternoon internetting instead of cleaning the family room. I'll go get right on that...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home