Saturday, June 25, 2005

Reception

I went to a wedding reception tonight. I always, always enjoy spending a few minutes taking in two beautiful young people in love and making a start on their life together. It's so exciting, and they're so happy and hopeful. These two were no exception.

Bride and Groom are in their early 20's - young by most people's standards, but about average for LDS. They have been dating since we got here, when Groom came home from his mission, about three years ago. Bride had just started college, a music scholarship at Prestigious Private University. Now, she has just one year to go. She's going to finish, she insists, and then on to graduate school.

She looked just beautiful. Take my breath away beautiful. Tears in your eyes beautiful. He's a mighty handsome fellow, too.

What a lovely, upper of a way to spend the evening. I danced with my husband, who doesn't dance (but will with me). I ate strawberries dipped in chocolate. I had cake.

They aren't close friends of ours, but I was glad to be able to see them off. White lace and promises, a kiss for luck, and they're on their way.

4 Comments:

Blogger Deb said...

I was glad to be able to see them off.

Thank you, Ann. And don't we each wish these words of tender caring at important junctures within our lives.

Peace. xo

Deb

6/29/2005 05:03:00 AM  
Blogger Randy said...

Anybody I know?

6/29/2005 08:12:00 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Anna and Alex. I was kind of hoping you'd be there.

6/29/2005 09:04:00 AM  
Blogger Randy said...

Didn't know about it; wasn't invited. Glad to hear that one of those M. kids is in music school. What's up with her hippy-dippy older brothers?

6/29/2005 11:08:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home