Saturday, June 11, 2005

Countdown

Good things have happened. It's Saturday - always a good thing. The first major storm of the season went to Pensacola, instead of coming here. It's cloudy, but it hasn't even rained. A little bit of wind earlier, but that's it. My mother-in-law called me last night and apparently has forgiven me. DH leaves NY tomorrow. He will start driving back from Salt Lake City tomorrow night. He hopes to get as far as Price. He will be through New Mexico on Monday, and may make it home by Tuesday night. If not, he'll probably be home Wednesday for sure. The mysterious stipend could have been mailed as soon as yesterday. We literally have no idea how much it will be. A month's summer salary? $50? $1000? I'm all on tenterhooks - somehow we've fallen behind this month (only 11 days in), and every little bit will help.

I think these are all good things.

My expected trip to Colorado is in suspended animation, awaiting decisions such as: DSL or not? All at once or roll it out? What POS systems need rewiring? Once those decisions are made, we will decide if I need to be present for part of the implementation. I hope so. I haven't been to the mountains in five years, since Little Boy was just a wee lad of 11 months. And I could actually meet Phoebe face-to-face. (P. - I've been one poor correspondent, I've been too too hard to find, but it doesn't mean you ain't been on my mind.)

I spent most of the day at work yesterday moving PCs. My boss, who is brilliant, determined that the computers should live on the desks vs. the floor, because flooding would be a very Bad Thing. Doh! Why didn't I think of that? So I got to crawl around on the floor and feed cables up to people. It was lots of fun. Maybe I should've been an electrician or something. I got five done; I have eight to go. I'll be able to get it done next week, which will hopefully be long before the next big storm materializes.

Older Son is off visiting Big State University with his buddies. He'll be home tomorrow night.

DH spent several hours at the LDS New York temple today, and will see the NY Philharmonic tonight. He saw the WTC site this morning, and yesterday he toured the UN and walked across the Brooklyn Bridge. Thursday night, the seminar hosted a reception and variety show that he said was just wonderful.

I, on the other hand, will be dining Chez McDonald's tonight with the Little Boy. The company will be good, and I'm craving red meat. Trying to think positive.

4 Comments:

Blogger Trail Seeker said...

I saw on the new about the storm and the first thing I thought when they showed the projected path was you, glad you were spared again, and hopefully others don't get hit to hard.

6/11/2005 07:05:00 PM  
Blogger Randy said...

Your DH's trip sounds nice. At least he's getting some superb sightseeing in, and, of course, the NY Philarmonic is usually quite good.

I hope you get to go to Colorado and meet Phoebe face-to-face. If you do, maybe I'll send along some of those hot sauces with really obnoxious names, as my gift.

6/11/2005 07:07:00 PM  
Blogger Miranda said...

Ah, Chez McDonalds. Sigh. A regular staple in times of heat and stress around here. I hope you do make it out to Colorado this summer. You could use a nice break.

6/12/2005 03:45:00 PM  
Blogger Phoebe said...

Hot sauces with obnoxious names?
I'm dying of curiosity :)
Crawling around under desks with the dust bunnies and tangled cables was my specialty when I used to work for a living. You make it sound more fun that it was.
If you ever come to Colorado, don't ditch me. I need to spend an evening with you and get you a little tipsy so we can 'splain ourselves to each other out of the public eye.

6/13/2005 04:06:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home