Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Good Day

Dad says Mom had a good day. She was cheerful and cooperative. She was able to follow instructions with no problems. He thinks she was moving the fingers on her right hand - her left side has been fine, but she's had less movement on the right. And she wouldn't stop kissing him.

Dr. Joe ("He told me, 'Mr. A., just call me Dr. Joe.'") says that he thinks it'll be a long haul, but that she'll be fine.

At work, I have been trying out a new way of documenting my time. My composition book has served me well, but it's starting to be cumbersome and the busier I am, the harder it is to document how busy I am. Instead, I am working within our company-wide electronic "to do" list. When I finish a task or move a project forward, I copy and paste what I've done from the to-do item into a week-long log, with the amount of time I've spent. I'll forward that log to my manager weekly, instead of writing up a report in Excel like I've been doing. I think it will be adequate, and it will save time. It will also make use of the tools I'm already using.

Also at work, WXRT from Chicago's internet simulcast was not working today, so I registered on www.live365.com and set a couple of presets of commercial free rock. Good times! I heard "Smoke of a Distant Fire" by the Sanford Townsend Band and "Angel Eyes" by Jeff Healey; two great songs I hadn't heard in years. One of the best things about working at home is that I can turn up the volume really loud, and sing along really loud, without bothering anybody. Although Little Boy asked me to stop being so noisy when he got home from school.

3 Comments:

Blogger JoeinVegas said...

They just changed Websense here at work so we no longer can get radio. They killed Kenny, those b*stards!

3/29/2006 02:27:00 PM  
Blogger Miranda said...

I'm glad your mom continues to improve. And I love how much you enjoy your job. Take care!

3/29/2006 08:19:00 PM  
Blogger Hope said...

I'm glad your mom seems to be doing better.

I have been thinking about you a lot!

3/30/2006 07:39:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home