Saturday, March 11, 2006

Pocketmod

I have been looking to expand my interests. I am not exactly multi-dimensional. I stumbled across a website called 43 Folders. It's about getting things done, for geeks. Lifehack.org and lifehacker.com are similar, but 43 Folders just sort of jumped out at me - Mac focus notwithstanding.

I found a link there to a very cool thing: www.pocketmod.com. It turns a sheet of paper into a customized mini-planner. There is even a pdftopocketmoc utility that works with the .NET Framework that would allow you to convert your own files, after they're turned into PDFs, into a pocketmod.

Try it. It's fun.

2 Comments:

Blogger doug said...

Ann I noticed that they have a MAC version for the Pocketmod. How does that work when the .Net framework is required? I suppose MAC users can download a modified framework for their apples?

3/14/2006 02:40:00 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

The Pocketmod is just a flash application on the web site. I didn't see a Mac version of the local install. I just used the web-based version. It's really fun to make.

DH wants to customize his, so it'll require making eight pages look the way he wants REALLY BIG, then converting them to PDF, then using the .Net framework app to convert it to a Pocketmod. I am waiting for my new 200GB hard drive to arrive before I do anything like install huge Microsoft resource hogs.

3/14/2006 09:16:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home