Tuesday, November 07, 2006

The REAL News

Yesterday I mentioned someplace else that after today, Americans could go back to worrying about the important stuff, like if Brittany and Kevin are going to make it.

But lo, what do I find today on GFY...Brittany has filed for a divorce.

Here's the article, written in the first person. Doesn't she look terrific? I am not a fan, but hey, maybe now that she's dumping Skeezix (shudder) she'll be able to build herself a life and a career. Here's hoping for a shiny, happy future for the local girl.

Election returns are coming in, and it looks like the main blogger's predictions at the Other Place (see link above) are coming true. A razor thin margin of victory for the Republicans means - Republicans are still in charge and run the committees. Maybe, just maybe, the two independents in the Senate will throw in with the Dems and that will be enough. But I doubt it.

But really, now that Brittany is getting divorced, I'm sure everything is going to be just fine.

3 Comments:

Blogger Phoebe said...

Rumsfeld resigned, o sweet Lord of Mercy!!!

Could this mean the spectre of war casualties will stop dancing on my ulcers?

Please, God -- don't make me think you exist and then pull the rug out from under me again. Help this new secretary of war get our boys out of Iraq sooner than soon!

11/08/2006 09:23:00 PM  
Blogger Phoebe said...

And our girls too.

11/08/2006 09:23:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am temporarily rescinding my agnosticism to thank God that I never have to hear anything coming out of Rummy's sneering piehole again. Unfortunately, it took a lot of blood and tears to get that result. Grr.

And Britney's divorcing K-Fed. Hmm. How much good news can I stand in one day.

11/09/2006 12:05:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home