Sunday, May 16, 2004

This is not going to be a new career opportunity

Last night, and again tonight, I cut hair. DH and younger son, specifically, badly needed haircuts. Going to the barber is right up there with making phone calls for my better half, so before we even moved here from Texas we bought a lovely Conair haircutting kit.

The first time I cut his hair, I followed the "thick, wavy hair" instructions on the "How to Cut Hair" video. It came out looking pretty good, for a first time, but it took forever. So this time, I just buzzed him. #2 and #3 guards on the back, and a #6 guard on top. I finished in under 20 minutes, and he loves it. It's very short, and our stylish older son doesn't like it at all. He says it makes his dad look like he's going into the military. But DH is very satisfied, because it was free, and he didn't have to go to the barber.

Tonight, I cut the little boy's hair. A very different experience. Little boys are very wiggly, even when you position the barber chair so they can watch the baseball game. Yikes, what an adventure. But he likes his haircut, too, and older son is not home right now to criticize it. That's a good thing.

I found a web site, salary.com, that has salaries by area for all kinds of professions. Barbers make very little. I think I won't be switching to barbering as a profession any time soon.

In other news about me, we finally got the family room picked up and vacuumed. It looks great. Or, it did before little boy dumped the Legos all over the floor. Maybe I can get him to pick them up tonight before he goes to bed.

5 Comments:

Blogger Randy said...

You should come to our house at hair-cutting time. You'd think we were torturing the kids or something with the way they go on. That's why we only do it a couple or three times a year. Sure, they look like hell for a while, but it's peaceful hell.

5/16/2004 09:22:00 PM  
Blogger doug said...

Ha ha Jo, for the past 4 years I have kept my hair like your hubby-cop. I buzz myself and afterward it is my DD tradition to come by and rub the cut while saying "trim trim, trim tirm".

5/17/2004 08:40:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, this is Brenda. Your comments won't accept my cool password.
I cut my husband's hair too. Buzzed on the sides, a little longer on top. I think the buzzed look makes him look younger. When his hair gets longer he looks like a televangelist (when I tell him that, he gets desperate for a haircut). Looks cool with his beard/mustache thing he's got going on.
I love cutting his hair. It's a sensual experience. He thinks so too, which is another reason why I want to cut it, because I'm not as young and as blond and as boobacious as the girls in the haircut place are ;)
Too bad my hair costs so much to cut, but nobody dares do it.

5/17/2004 11:29:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

B., you shouldn't have to enter a password. I accept comments from anyone. I'm confused...

5/17/2004 01:35:00 PM  
Blogger Miranda said...

Love your new comments. I was just thinking today how much I hate hate Haloscan and here's a better option.

You make me realize that I need to buy that Conair hair kit. DH and YS could be buzzed. I wouldn't do it on OS since he has very weird hair and I can hardly find professionals to cut it correctly.

Blogger is starting to resemble Live Journal.

5/18/2004 10:28:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home