Thursday, August 26, 2004

Tonight was Open House

We went to open house at little boy's school. It was informative and brief. Snacks were provided. The only reason for the snacks was to sample the wares for the upcoming (tomorrow) fund raiser. Cookie dough, cheesecakes, and lemon bars. I had a sample of each. They were very good.

Little boy will bring home a folder every day, and we will send it back every morning. It's called his FISH folder. I suppose I could go look up what FISH stands for, but I'm comfy here at my desk. Today, it contains papers to fill out, and poems about letting go, and play. Oh, and homework. HOMEWORK. Mostly it will be art projects. Tonight, I have homework, too. I have to write down everything I would like Mrs. S. to know about my little boy.

We received a checklist of activities we can volunteer to help with. One of them is cutting things out. I LOVE cutting things out. It's so relaxing. I can get into a very tranquil place when cutting. I can even do it from home. So I think I will volunteer to do cutting.

When older son was doing the Egg Drop for physics class, we had to encase the egg in an origami box. I also enjoyed doing that. It wasn't quite as peaceful as cutting, though.

2 Comments:

Blogger Phoebe said...

The peaceful feelings just ooze out of this post. Your boy's world is enveloped in love and order. Lucky him.

8/26/2004 10:49:00 PM  
Blogger Randy said...

Your son is in an excellent school. DW used to work there, in a special ed. class. We communicate daily with YS's teachers also, but we always write that into his IEPs. It's very nice to know what went on with him at school on any given day. Yesterday was so bad that one of the staff went to RiteAid to buy a wading pool. Yet Y.S. was perfectly happy here both before and after. I think he was set off when he peed his pants right after getting to school.

8/27/2004 07:06:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home