Sunday, January 09, 2005

LOTR immersion

My BIL loaned us all three extended edition DVD's from the Lord of the Rings Trilogy. Last week we watched Fellowship, Friday night we watched The Two Towers, and last night we watched disk one of Return of the King. My daughter said she enjoyed the first movie, but by the third she was dozing off in the theatre. I replied that I would be happy to watch Aragorn and Legolas pose for several hours on end, even if there was no attendant plot. I'm enjoying the movies, though the battle scenes are a little intense. D'you think Frodo and Sam will make it to the mountain and destroy the ring?

I've enjoyed the DVD extras, though we haven't begun to watch them all. I learned that the hobbits spent two hours standing every morning while their prosthetic feet were attached. I can't even stand for an hour without my feet hurting.

3 Comments:

Blogger JoeinVegas said...

Good way to spend a rainy weekend - with Aragorn and Legolas.
(PS - they make it)

1/10/2005 01:00:00 AM  
Blogger Phoebe said...

We've had Return of the King on DVD for almost a year, and I still haven't watched the whole thing through. I really want to, though; I love that white castle city. And I looooooooooove Ian McClellan (sp?).

Have you seen Cold Comfort Farm? Ian McClellan is fantastically entertaining in that movie. His voice makes me swoon.

After having a life-sized cardboard cutout of Legolas in my old office for a year, I finally have had enough looking at him. It seemed like his eyes started saying to me, "You're OLD, lady." :)

1/10/2005 08:26:00 AM  
Blogger Ms-Chievous said...

I freely admit that I am a nerd. I own all three and watch them OFTEN. I got the Trivial Pursuit Lord of the Rings edition game for Christmas...and I play it...and I win.
You may send me my "nerd of the rings" T-shirt now.

1/10/2005 02:05:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home