Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Are we there yet?

I just barked at my mother-in-law. Everybody is motion - the in-laws are moving from Utah to Florida, and have already vacated their house. DH is in New York, and he'll be flying back to Utah to drive their car here, and then eventually to Florida. I'm the only person that's stationary, so I've been in the middle of a lot of things, mostly travel arrangements.

Plans had been made, and she started to tell me about a change in those plans. I made an invalid assumption and snapped at her. Then, when she very kindly explained things and asked if the new plan was OK, I replied, "It doesn't matter a bit to me. It's nothing to do with me."

She'll be calling in a few minutes for DH's flight information. I'm going to apologize. I feel bad for snapping at her and for jumping to conclusions.

Here's why I'm really angry, I think.
  • I don't like being in the middle of things.
  • I don't like being stuck here while DH gets to do cool stuff. (When he travels, he spends a week at NYU in Greenwich Village. When I travel, I spend a week in Arby's restaurants. Not.Fair.)
  • My husband has been gone for a week, it'll be another week before he's back home, and I'm done. I'm just done.

But of course, I'm not done. I have another week to go.

4 Comments:

Blogger Phoebe said...

We aren't eating in no dang Arby's when you come out here, girl.
Why don't you write me?

6/08/2005 12:21:00 PM  
Blogger Randy said...

Ann--do NOT eat at the truck stop Arby's in Breaux Bridge, LA. I'm just saying.

Yeah, it does suck being the middle of other peoples' messes.

And Phoebe, Phoebe, where are you?

6/09/2005 08:16:00 AM  
Blogger Phoebe said...

I'm goin' to the state of Utah
With an achin'
IN my hearrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrt.

X-mormon wedding.

Booze and dancing.

This will rock.

Ann -- you SUCK at writing emails.

just sayin'

6/09/2005 07:47:00 PM  
Blogger Trail Seeker said...

I would be a bit envious if everyone around me was traveling. Keep blogging and posting and maybe it will help the time to pass, till your back to a full family.

6/10/2005 12:11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home