Monday, December 12, 2005

Home Sick

A couple of ways to twist that title. I miss my DH and living in my own house. I'm about as excited about leaving as my parents are about getting rid of me. They've been great. Unbelievably great. How will I ever adjust to doing my own laundry? I guess DH and I will just go back to the old routine - he washes and dries, and I fold and put away.

We have a lot to do when we get back. We have to unpack our stuff both at home and from our suitcases, and figure out what to do with the stuff we have boxed up that we're not keeping. We have to get ready for Christmas - buy food for dinner, decorate, etc. We have to stock up the larder. We need to rearrange our "exercise room" (hah) and turn it into an office for me and for DH. We need to repair the back door, figure out what to do about the ground coming up over the slab in the back yard, fix the back yard landscaping, and decide what to do about the sunken living room - either fill it in and recarpet, or just recarpet. We have to paint at least two rooms and the hallways, maybe more. None of this in the order listed, of course.

I can't wait!

Also, Little Boy and I are both Home Sick. Bad, yucky, nasty colds. I felt just terrible last night, but am much better today after a good night's sleep with a humidifier going (thank you, NyQuil). Little boy has a scratchy throat and is whiny and cuddly. No fever, though. We should both be good to go by tomorrow.

3 Comments:

Blogger Trail Seeker said...

When folks in town have the cold with the deep cough and miserable feeling, they call it the Sweet Home crud. It is as if there was a special bug that only the folks in this town lay claim to.

12/12/2005 10:45:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dont let yourself get overwhelmed ! you do not have to do all this at once. save some of it for spring cleaning.
enjoy your family and celebrate the season and the rest can fall into place behind it.
it is such a bittersweet thing to be going home and yet leaving home at the same time. maybe your folks will come visit in nawlins soon.
is little boys school open ?
m1

12/12/2005 10:14:00 PM  
Blogger JoeinVegas said...

Whoo hooo! - Need a countdown clock on top. How long will it take to get connected back there, so we can keep getting updates?

12/13/2005 09:44:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home