Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Things I heard last night

Here's some advice; this alone is worth the price of admission. The best cover story for laziness is to write a book.

I think that our President, George,
Would be happy to sit on the porch
Giving wedgies and hickeys
and drinking gin rickeys
and lighting his farts with a torch.

Never, ever talk to other people about your marriage. When your spouse bugs you, go do something that they don't want to do. The cure for marital problems is to have fun together. And sex is not the answer. Sex is the question; "yes" is the answer.

Guess who said these things?

4 Comments:

Blogger annegb said...

Art Buchwald?

6/22/2006 08:59:00 AM  
Blogger annegb said...

Actually when Bill bothers me, I just pay myself for my time and bother. Depending on the bother. It gives me satisfaction without revenge.

6/22/2006 06:58:00 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

Yeesh, Annegb is the only one who wants to play?

It was Garrison Keillor. He did a benefit for our local NPR station, which has taken a serious donation hit since the hurricane.

He was wonderful.

6/22/2006 10:30:00 PM  
Blogger Phoebe said...

Oh -- I was thinking maybe Anne Landers and that guy who wrote "Obvliviously On He Sails," a book of poems about W.

Garrison is my new hero. He wrote something so pithy the otehr day I keep taking it out of my pocket to read it.

6/24/2006 12:30:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home