Thursday, November 30, 2006

Ouch (sorta)

I took the day off today so I could have minor laser surgery on my gums. I had nitrous during the procedure, and they numbed me up really good, and honestly, I couldn't feel a thing. About forty-five minutes ago I took a pain med with Demerol and Fenergen, and I'm starting to feel pretty woozy.

I had some pockets between the bone and the gums in the back of my mouth on the upper left hand side. The periodontist use a laser to "reshape" the gums; excising some of the tissue, I guess, so the pocket would go away and I can floss and clean better and stop any further bone erosion. It occurred to me that it would be really nice if the same one-hour outpatient "reshaping" could be done to my gut.

In the last forty-five minutes I have written several comments on The Cultural Hall the new group blog about Mormon stuff I'm doing with John Dehlin and some other people I can't remember right now. Wow, the pain meds must be kicking in better than I thought. I wonder if those comments were coherent?

Pete Dunn, new commenter - who are you? I have read your blog, you link whore, and figure I know you from the DAMU, but I am terrible at connecting aliases with people. So if I know you from NOM or FLAK, PM me there. And nice to meet you. You have a way more interesting life than I do.

Perhaps I should take the periodontist's advice and be horizontal for a little while. It seems a shame to waste such a good buzz on sleeping, though.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Link whore, indeed. I think I linked to you from Sister Mary Lisa, or something.

After that post, I think I need to lie down myself...

11/30/2006 06:55:00 PM  
Blogger JoeinVegas said...

A two day lie-in is a little much. If not, where can I get pills like that?

12/01/2006 03:09:00 PM  
Blogger Phoebe said...

That's a good-looking discussion board, Ann. Once again you've done a very cool thing.

But I'd rather talk about cats :)

Speed(y) recovery!

12/01/2006 07:07:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had a look at the board too. It's interesting stuff. For some reason, though I'm interested in reading, I can't get up the energy to do true post-Mo commenting anymore. Anywhere. I like reading it though.

PS. Pete called me a link whore too. And then he linked to HIMSELF. Where did you get my blog link, Pete?

12/02/2006 02:45:00 PM  
Blogger Sister Mary Lisa said...

Um, no, Pete didn't link to you from me, but I'm gonna link to you soon, if that's OK. I like your thoughts over at Cultural Hall. I'd like to link to that as well.

Hi Pete.

12/07/2006 02:12:00 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

Sure, you can link to me here. No mo-bashing though! This is my SECULAR blog...

Nice to meetcha, sister. Montana, eh? I'm in Louisiana. It's warmer here than there.

12/07/2006 08:20:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home