Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Vacation's Over

We got back from our trip to Florida (no beach) Saturday night. Sunday was Sunday, and yesterday was just another day off, really. DH watched football last night, but that's about it for anything different. Mostly I surfed the internet. I'm so boring.

I did go grocery shopping yesterday, but it triggered a strong sense of malaise, followed by a pretty strong depressive episode. Thinking about guns and shiny knives and large doses of prescription drugs. But I managed to go to sleep and when I woke up this morning it was gone. Just a breakthrough. Thank goodness. It's been so long since I've had one I forgot that they can still happen.

Phoebe said some nice things about me in an e-mail yesterday that made me think: if I've helped so many people, why am I not rich? Why have no songs been written about me? I have not been the subject of an episode of This American Life, nor the subject of a documentary on PBS. And I have yet to be showered with gifts, or have a parade held in my honor (and I live in New Orleans, where "it's Saturday!" is a valid excuse for a parade). So really, how much can y'all love me?

11 Comments:

Blogger Ms-Chievous said...

I love you bigger than Costco. :o)
AND, you are rich, in friends and family.

1/03/2007 04:39:00 AM  
Blogger Phoebe said...

I don't trust publicity whores :)

AND...
what Ms-C said.

1/03/2007 07:55:00 AM  
Blogger Hope said...

I would write a song about you if I could. How about I name a REALLY NICE character after you when I write the Great American Novel?

1/03/2007 07:21:00 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

Songs and parades and novels and documentaries would all be pretty nice. But I think what I really want is to be showered with expensive gifts.

1/03/2007 09:07:00 PM  
Blogger Randy said...

Hmmm. Perhaps we can arrange a NannaP Commemmorative Ward Social. That would be . . . um, well, okay, we want something more fun than that.

Speaking of making groceries, have you shopped at the new Rouse's? It's like a Whole Foods and an A&P combined under one roof. Anyhow, their sushi is quite good and relatively cheap, and their grind-it-yourself peanut butter is most excellent.

1/04/2007 06:57:00 AM  
Blogger NFlanders said...

What about a showering you with off-brand merchandise? Because we can totally do that.

1/04/2007 07:53:00 AM  
Blogger Phoebe said...

I think I can sell an article about you to the Housekeeper Home Weekly magazine.

Can I make some sh** up?

:)

Okay, FINE. What kind of materialistic crap do you want? I'll see what I can do.

1/04/2007 09:26:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can go to Dollar Tree and spend $10. Then the shipping will double my expenditures so you will have to wait until you come north again to receive your goods!

1/05/2007 08:15:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Truly the race is not to the swift nor victory to the strong nor parades to the deserving.

1/05/2007 06:48:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nanna nanna bo fanna
no better girl than nanna be
fee fi fo miss p !

hows that for a song in your honor !
says me parading around the living room !

1/06/2007 06:47:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

banana fanna fo nanna
the best girl that can be

1/06/2007 07:25:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home