Tuesday, May 25, 2004

I Heart Math

I am loving my math class. My instructor is a dynamic teacher. Very energetic and dynamic. I don't even notice so much that English is his second language. I spent about an hour and a half tonight doing math problems and it was so fun. Older son reminded me how to solve a quadratic equation by completing the square.

Our beater car broke down on the way to the city today. It stalled coming out of the neighborhood, so I turned around to tell DH about the stall and to keep an eye out for me on the way in to New Orleans. It stalled again on the Twin Spans (a six mile bridge across the southeast corner of Lake Pontchartrain), and then again in the Bayou Sauvage, and again coming OUT of the Bayou Sauvage. By this time DH had caught up with me, and we got off the freeway. After the last stall, we just had it towed (after a very long conversation with a personable and helpful New Orleans COPS officer).

DH and Older Son are headed to New York and Boston this weekend for an Adventure. DH wants to see the Manhattan Temple, and they are going to play tourist, too. They are also going to see Fenway Park, a lifelong dream of my DH's. Some baseball fans collect cards, others are statistics buffs. DH collects ballparks. The Orioles (his team) are playing the Red Sox. I hope the car is fixed before they leave, else I'll have to get up at 5:30 a.m. to take them to the airport. They leave on Sunday a.m. and get back on Tuesday night. A whirlwind tour.

I'm listening to Bruce Springsteen right now. But I'm going to stop and send an e-mail to my Org Comm teacher (I missed his class today; bummer) and do more math problems. Such fun! Beats doing dishes...but I'll probably do that, too.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Math is nice. It works out. It follows a prescribed set of rules. Of course there's all those pesky signs laying in wait to trip you up. I love higher math. I hate arithmetic.

5/25/2004 10:24:00 PM  
Blogger Randy said...

I liked math back when I knew how to do it. Math is purely logical and follows rules without deviation, just like all of our lives.

5/26/2004 10:53:00 AM  
Blogger Miranda said...

I was the annonymous buffoon earlier. I can't seem to remember to click on the button next to my name.

5/26/2004 04:12:00 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

The beater car will be $1200 to fix. We have tentatively decided to bite the bullet (we didn't pay that much for the car, and it has a quarter million miles on it, but it's a Toyota in otherwise very good shape). We are going to sleep on it and decide in the morning.

Now, I'm off to read about the obstacles to effective managerial communication and find the inverse of some functions.

5/26/2004 06:06:00 PM  
Blogger doug said...

I loved math too Ann (when I was an adult that is)

5/26/2004 08:36:00 PM  
Blogger doug said...

Say good bye to the old (MQ, boo hoo) and hello to the new – Nostalgic Nomads

I can just keep creating a new board after the ads start to appear, it only takes a sec.

Check out it out – I'm off to start a new thread

http://messageboard589712.aimoo.com

5/27/2004 10:37:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So what did you decide to do with the car? Sorry to hear the fuel filter didn't do the trick. To me, it just sounded like the engine idle speed needed to be set higher. A simple vacuum leak or perhaps a sticky PVC valve can cause stalls as well. A cracked two dollar vacuum hose sure would be cheaper to replace than 1,200 dollars. What do they want 1,200 dollars for?? Hope it all turns out well....

5/28/2004 01:55:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I enjoyed knowing some geometry formulas but overall I hated math. My grandfather (on my mother's side) was an inventor and chemistry professor while my father double-majored in math/physics. Somehow though, the math genes skipped right past me. Sigh.

danithew
http://www.wump.info/wumpblog

5/28/2004 12:05:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wcovgm [url=http://hermeskelly.finniwolf.com][b]hermes wallets[/b][/url] hermes kelly handbag http://hermeskelly.finniwolf.com Nadrgx Rhaabr replica hermes

4/19/2013 02:34:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home