Friday, May 28, 2004

No Drama

When I was young, I yearned for drama in my life. When all was normal, I created chaos. When things were humming along, I'd do something really stupid so there'd be more excitement in my life. See my "Things I Don't Blog About" post for a sampling of stupid things I did to add drama to my life.

Years later, I read in the book "Women Who Love Too Much," that sometimes when women suffer from a low-grade depression, they get involved in stupid relationships and make decisions that will create drama in their lives, because the adrenalin rush lifts them out of their depression, at least temporarily. After my depression got better, I didn't feel the need for so much drama.

Now, my life is decidedly low key. I am a pretty relaxed person; the only thing that really gets me angry is poor customer service. Oh, and when people treat my friends badly. But other than that, I don't have any drama in my life; I don't want any drama in my life.

While I get bored sometimes with the routine, don't anybody go messin' with my routine!

6 Comments:

Blogger JoeinVegas said...

Customer service? I am more surprised by the places that are good than by what passes for usual. It is nice that you have so few things upsetting - glad that you are happy with your life.

5/29/2004 01:58:00 AM  
Blogger doug said...

"When I was young, I yearned for drama in my life." ME TOO!

"While I get bored sometimes with the routine, don't anybody go messin' with my routine!" I am not so well Ann, I'd like some to mess with my routine still, seriously, I am not so well. :)

5/29/2004 10:52:00 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Bless your heart, honey, of course I forgive you. It seems to me that your repentance is sincere and you have forsaken the sin of swearing on my blog.

5/29/2004 06:12:00 PM  
Blogger Miranda said...

This is a test.

5/29/2004 09:23:00 PM  
Blogger Randy said...

Hey, you've got some other Randy on here now too. I'm the one in your fair city.

Anywho, my DW is big on making sudden, dramatic changes that I have a hard time keeping up with. Me, I like to get into a groove and just roll with it. I've got no need for drama.

5/29/2004 09:30:00 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

That was a different Randy? Augh, I'm so confused! Other Randy, use a last initial or something, 'kay?

Some people really hate being in a rut. I like my rut.

Jo, no worries. I can delete it, but won't bother. It's just "bastard."

5/29/2004 09:56:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home