Friday, May 28, 2004

What Males are Thankful For

Just a quick entry here. Last night, my little boy (almost five) was bouncing a couple of super balls around in our foyer before dinner time. (OK, you know where this is going...) He came to the table when we called him for dinner, and he offered to say the prayer over the meal. Whenever he prays, he usually just looks around and says thank you for the the things he notices. "Thank you for our pictures. Thank you for our fans that spin. Thank you for daddy. Thank you for the food." Well, last night's prayer began: "Father in heaven, thank you for my balls..."

DH, older son and I managed to control our laughter, though older son turned the brightest red I've ever seen. We all sort of croaked our "amens."

3 Comments:

Blogger Randy said...

Aw, that's sweet.

5/28/2004 12:02:00 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

Nah, I never buy gas from Shell. Who can afford it! And we had just filled up the car the night before, so it's not like it was a gauge issue. But goodness, Miss Joe, you are so well informed! When are you coming for a visit? I'm thinking you should pop down at the end of September for Pride Day. Just a thought. There's a great parade in the quarter.

5/28/2004 08:28:00 PM  
Blogger doug said...

"Pride Day" - I wanna come, I wanna come!

Great story Ann, ya gotta love our little gems!

5/29/2004 10:38:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home