Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Sleep. Sleeeeeeeeep

I get up at 5:00 a.m. We leave the house at 6:20 or so and I get to work an hour later if we're lucky and the traffic runs smoothly. We leave the city at 5:15 or so and get home at 6:00 on a really good day (like today was) or 6:30 if things don't go so well.

We have dinner. We listen to little boy fuss and whine. This has been hard on him; I could make it easier for him if he didn't make it so hard on me. I hate whining. Fingernails on a chalkboard.

After dinner and maybe some cartoons and dishes and maybe laundry and maybe homework, I'm about ready to drop from fatigue by 9:00. Actually, I'm about ready to drop from fatigue about 6:30, but there's dinner and dishes and laundry and cartoons.

DH is a trooper and does at least 50% of what needs doing, if not more. He is way more patient and engaged with little boy than I am.

It's 9:30 and I'm going to sleep.

6 Comments:

Blogger JoeinVegas said...

Sorry, nohing I can say to make it better. That's one of the reasons I became a consultant, to work from home and be there once in a while. Wish I would have married a rich woman, so I could have stayed home and been the househusband. I keep telling my wife that if Theresa Heinz calls I promise to send checks back and visit periodically.

11/18/2004 10:55:00 AM  
Blogger Phoebe said...

Geezie-peezie, girl -- I remember that feeling of total exhaustion. The difference is that I was a lot younger during that go-to-work-come-home-deal-with-whining-child stuff. It about sent me to the loony bin.
You're a trooper.

11/18/2004 01:24:00 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

Who remembers the three reasons I am doing this?

11/18/2004 10:22:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your three reasons. Hmmmm?

Doubtful you know this "Blondie" rendition (you were in kindergaten while I was in my twenties, ha-ha):

"...the best things in life are free,
but you can give them to the birds and bees,
I want Money, that's what I want..."

11/19/2004 12:04:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep, this time of year really stinks. I come to work in the dark and come home in the dark. I watch the entire day go by out the window from my desk.

Here's a little tip that helps me. I always drink a big old cup of coffee right before I leave work. Otherwise, I would get home and crawl right into bed.

Just so you know, the ONLY reason I work is because I need the money!

-Lori

11/19/2004 10:30:00 AM  
Blogger Phoebe said...

1. Money
2. Money
3. Your brain was wasting away unchallenged at home.

11/19/2004 03:22:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home