Tuesday, February 22, 2005

My Fragile Sense of Self

Today I went to get a UPS label and I noticed my fax in box for the first time. The other fax boxes have people's names. Mine says "IT Dept." Threw me for a loop, it did. I haven't been feeling real "at home" at this job. My co-workers seem wary of me. Perhaps it's because I'm wary of them. But with me, it's fear, while for them, it seems that they dislike me.

I'm trying not to be afraid, because what we most fear tends to be what we bring about. But as much as I like this job, I get the feeling I'm not going to get to keep it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Phoebe said...

When I replaced the computer tech at the middle school 5 years ago, the nameplate on my door stood empty a good year before my name got put in. You've just started. It's normal for newbies to be on this wierd probation/limbo period in case they have a tendency to start fires in the basement or tell raucous dirty jokes to customers. You'll be fine, I'm willing to bet. You're an asset, i'm also willing to bet.

2/22/2005 11:35:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My boss called my Marty for a year and a half...
Give them time to find out what we who love you already know!
Now, go kick some IT Butt.

-Lori

2/23/2005 09:58:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home