Saturday, February 12, 2005

A Younger Me

I got my hair cut and colored today. I am no longer gray, so I look about ten years younger. I will have to wear makeup again, to keep from looking pallid.

The stylist cut my hair too short. The sides were uneven, and then she made it too short on one side trying to even them out, so she had to make both sides short. Fortunately, I am not weird about my hair. It will grow. DH says he likes it. I think it will help to blow it dry.

Little boy's new bed arrived today, thus ending the bed purchasing saga. They called yesterday to say it had arrived and they could deliver it today. Would 4:00 be OK? Yes, 4:00 would be fine.

At 1:00, I received a call on my cell phone. The bed delivering guys were sitting in the driveway, "but there's nobody home." I was in a hair salon with hair color on my head, so I wasn't in any position to just come home, and by the way, was it anywhere CLOSE to 4:00? They came back later, but still nobody was home (I was in the chair getting my hair cut too short at the time). I called them when I came home, and they delivered it. We were all very nice to each other about the mix-up; me, because I'm a nice person, and them, because I'm the customer.

I keep thinking I ought to write more interesting things on my blog, but I hesitate to spread my fear and angst out for all to see and criticize as irrational. So I save it for therapy, where my therapist tells me I just need to be patient and let things unfold because I've been through an incredibly difficult year. Bless her.

I see something that looks suspiciously like buds on my azalea bushes. Spring is here!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blessings atcha for some good hair courage. You inspire me...to go blonde, again?!

I'm such a coward.

Deb

2/13/2005 05:55:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home