Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Mardi Gras? Yeah, that was today.

Today is a state holiday, I think, with no mail or anything. It was actually kind of a yucky day...I was very sleepy last night, and slept late this morning, and even took a nap this evening. I puttered around a little bit, but didn't really do much housework. I didn't go to the city. I was just glad to have a day off.

DH has been working on some research and has practically monopolized the computer for the last two days. Last night, even when I could use it, it was busy running DNA sequence analysis. The sacrifices I make for science...

I did get our taxes done while one of the less memory-hog programs was running. We get a refund. Last year, we had to pay. Of course, last year, I had worked for nine months the year before.

I bought a bed-in-a-bag on sale at Target for the new bed in the guest room. Now the room looks...bare. Before, it was an empty room with some stuff in it. Now, it's an undecorated bedroom. I guess we need to put some stuff up on the walls. Maybe make one of those covered wall-mounted headboards like the designers make on Changing Rooms. And some shelves. DH is a good woodworker.

DH is going to come meet me for lunch tomorrow, and see my new office. I think we'll go to this Italian place I went to for lunch last week with my co-workers. It was REALLY good, and DH and I don't get to try new restaurants together often.

I want to head in to the city in the next couple of days, because I always like seeing the detritus of Mardi Gras - beads hanging from the trees and stuff.

5 Comments:

Blogger Randy said...

Just curious -- which Italian place?

2/09/2005 07:57:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The room sounds lovely as is, while I celebrate your willingness toward stuff (on the walls).

Just last night I remarked that if it ain't nailed down it's likely good to go! Too much stuff; stuff is everywhere. Can you hear I'm getting into the concept of nekkid bare, toward paring down.

Deb

2/09/2005 08:05:00 AM  
Blogger JoeinVegas said...

Headboards are easy - just cut a piece of plywood to whatever top shape, staple on padding and some cloth, a strip of 1x4 screwed to the back and another to the wall, and you're up.
You could decorate New Orlins style - hang beads and masks and photos of the parades on the walls - visitors will love it.

2/09/2005 11:18:00 AM  
Blogger Trail Seeker said...

I like the word detritus, it must be the company you keep that keeps that word around in your head.

We want a guest room sometime, I like the idea of having a place for out of town visitors, but there is no room for that yet.

2/09/2005 01:53:00 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

We went to Isabelle's Pizzaria II, where we had a Isabelle's Supreme and split a large Meditteranean Salad. Fresh mushrooms do NOT belong on a pizza, hey make the crust...wet. The crust on this pizza is perfect, but not with mushrooms on it. Next time, I will know to say "no mushrooms" and DH can suffer through a mushroomless pizza, because the crust is SO WORTH IT.

2/09/2005 06:34:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home