Sunday, February 13, 2005

Pies

I made a big lunch today, Crispy Oven-baked Chicken from the Just Tell Me What to Cook mailing list, with a wild rice mix and green beans. It was pretty good, and we've got lots of leftovers for lunch.

I spent most of the afternoon making pies. I made a caramel custard pie, and a strawberry bavarian pie. Both recipes are from The Joy of Cooking. The caramel custard pie looks like it'll be OK. My custard pies are always too thin, probably because I use skim milk. Also, I had to caramelize my own sugar, which was incredibly time consuming, even though I did it two days ago. So even though it'll probably taste just fine, I'm sure it was more trouble than it was worth.

The strawberry bavarian pie, though, was super quick and easy. It's a lovely pie, sort of pink for Valentine's day. It'll be a nice dessert for tomorrow.

1 Comments:

Blogger Phoebe said...

Wish I could see the new "do" and the new "you." I had to laugh about you feeling compelled to wear makeup because I've gone through the same transition. After many many years of not wearing makeup, it suddenly seemed important when I started a new life. It's like remodeling a house. If you paint a wall, then the couch and the carpet look shabby, and before you know it you're broke :)

2/13/2005 10:24:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home