Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Relief

Miranda hit the nail on the head in her comment down below. Something had to go. That something is Psychology 127, General Psychology F 6-9, with a project due in three days.

I haven't officially dropped the class yet (the web site is down) but my stress level went down about 50% just by making the decision. I'm SOOOO relieved.

We had a nice dinner tonight. I talked to my daughter and did homework with Little Boy and laid in bed with a hot wheat bag on my head for about fifteen minutes, because I had a killer headache. Probably all that stress whooshing away left a vacuum or something. I folded some laundry and now I'm goofing around on the internet instead of working on a project for which I have very little information and not even a single discussion of the material to give me confidence.

Plus I get to go to the Krewe of Selene parade Friday night with Little Boy. Beads! Boobs! Booze! Oh, that's in New Orleans. Our parades are much tamer. Beads! Stuffed Animals! Toys Galore! Lots of dance teams and ROTC classes. Almost no breasts. Last Saturday was the Mona Lisa and Moon Pie parade. I really wish I hadn't missed that one. Guess what they throw?

5 Comments:

Blogger Miranda said...

Glad you are feeling better, Ann.

2/01/2005 09:59:00 PM  
Blogger Trail Seeker said...

Never heard of a "wheat bag", tell me more, is just it basically a cloth lined bag with wheat that you heat in the microwave. I have tons of wheat, maybe I can make more than just bread with it. Glad your feeling a little better.

2/01/2005 10:57:00 PM  
Blogger Phoebe said...

Mona Lisa and Moon Pies? Gosh, that's a stickler. They threw smiles?
You "sound" so much better. It really comes out in your writing.

2/02/2005 07:41:00 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

The wheat bag is a sack of flannel, about 12-15 inches log and six inches wide, 1/2 to 3/4 full of wheat. Don't fill it too much or it can't "form" around your head (or neck, or whatever needs heating). Put it in the microwave for 3 minutes and 33 seconds, and it works beautifully for about 20 minutes. It's VERY hot when you take it out...careful!

2/02/2005 10:20:00 PM  
Blogger Trail Seeker said...

Thanks Ann, I am going to try it out and make a couple. Let you know how it turns out.

2/03/2005 02:46:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home