Monday, March 14, 2005

Great trip; glad to be home

I had a great trip. Day one was not a preview of the remaining four days. I got a lot done, I did a lot of driving, and I made contact with the cash generating arm of the business. I attended two meetings, and I learned many important and useful things in each one.

I especially enjoyed (most of the time) the driving. I found this most awesome radio station, WXRT-FM, that plays the most amazing blend of old and new rock and roll. Tiny Tim and Brave Combo covering "Stairway," followed by Led Zeppelin covering something else on their "Not by the original artists" Friday feature. I would move there just for the radio, though the weather stinks. It SNOWED. I mean, it snowed here on Christmas day, but it was the first time since, like, WWII that it's snowed here on Christmas day.

I was very glad to come home. Six nights away from home is about two too many. When I left O'Hare, it was about 26 degrees outside, and windy. When I landed at Gulfport, it was 76 and sunny, and little boy was wearing shorts. I heart the south.

Therapy is progressing nicely. I threw a party yesterday at church that was pretty successful. My husband cleaned the house while I was gone. I got to see my older son for a few hours (I hadn't seen him for a month). If I could just figure out a way to see my daughter and grandkids for a few days...

1 Comments:

Blogger Randy said...

Welcome back!

3/16/2005 09:40:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home