Monday, March 07, 2005

I was wrong about "doing" vs. "thinking"

Viruses, viruses, everywhere. What idiot thought it would be OK to connect 34 computers to the internet without anti-virus software? No, it was not me.

Day one and I've not accomplished much of anything...except to identify problems that I have neither the time nor the tools to solve.

My hotel room is really nice. But the bed is not so comfy as my own. My own bed is the best bed in the entire world. It's just exactly the right softness, and it doesn't move at all when DH or I roll over. It's like sleeping alone in terms of comfort, but with someone there, which is really nice.

After I get done with my personal computing stuff I have to do some work stuff. I don't have a computer here so I'm paying by the minute at Kinko's. It's quite strange to be working under such primitive conditions. No internet access at the stores...nobody keeps their software...positively 20th century.

3 Comments:

Blogger Phoebe said...

I can't believe you have to work out of a Kinko's.
Thanks for letting us know what you're up to. It sounds like you'll be way busy.

3/07/2005 09:19:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Open 24 hours a day for faxing, copying, computing, like any good Emergency Room. I love my Kinko's.

Ick to the network problem. But for the upside of your company's computing debacle--job security for a long time to come (insert smile).

Deb

3/08/2005 11:01:00 PM  
Blogger Miranda said...

I feel like I should hop in the van and drive some chocolate over to chi-town for you.

It's nice to see you on the 'net.

3/09/2005 12:44:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home