Saturday, August 06, 2005

Painting

I had a really good start to this week. I had lots of energy and got things done. Prozac is good for that. Then I had my Episode on Wednesday, and it has taken me a couple of days to bounce back.

But apparently, I have done so, mostly. I still get this clenched feeling in the pit of my stomach when I think about money, but I'm not despairing. What's the worst that can happen? They can't take our house, or two of our cars. None of the debt is secured. Maybe I'll find work really soon, and then things will be just like they were a month ago. That would be a good thing.

In other matters: DH is a book fiend. He thinks nothing decorates a house quite like shelf after shelf after shelf of fifteen year-old professional journals. He's such a science guy. Anyhow, our five-shelf bookshelves did not hold books efficiently - too much wasted space. So he is detaching the fixed shelf on each bookcase and tweaking the shelf heights and converting them to six-shelf bookcases. While he was at it, we went ahead and painted them. The colors now coordinate beautifully with the living room walls, and they look custom made. I'm delighted with the outcome.

I also think it's indicative of how much better I'm doing that I painted bookshelves today.

4 Comments:

Blogger Miranda said...

It's nice to hear you sound a little more centered and content. What color did you paint the shelves?

8/06/2005 09:06:00 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

The shelves on the light sage green wall are dark sage green. The shelves on the dark sage green wall are light sage green. The greens are really close in lightness, so there's just a little contrast.

8/06/2005 10:17:00 PM  
Blogger JoeinVegas said...

but did you read all the books too?

8/08/2005 02:09:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

at least you are doing something productive. when i am depressed, i eat. having completed something that enhances your home with beauty most be very satisfying.

old fart and i love books too. we are out of shelf, closet and floor space for them. we should have been librarians.
the college kids will be back in school soon. maybe they will free up some jobs.
mommy1

8/08/2005 09:22:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home