Sunday, January 28, 2007

47

Yesterday was my birthday. It's been a great weekend.

Yesterday, I finished some curtains I started three years ago. I colored my hair, so even though I'm old, I don't so much look it any more. I went shopping with my older son; we bought a new TV and stand for the TV. Now I can play DVD's! O'Henry's, a local restaurant, gives you a free steak dinner on your birthday, so we went out for dinner.

Today's highlight was courtesy of one of my bosses. He let me borrow his copy of the 30th anniversary edition of Born to Run, with a concert DVD for Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band's first concert in Europe, at the HammerSmith Odeon in London. Here's a great review of the audio CD from Pandora.com. It's about two hours long and it never stops. Awesome. I'm thinking of holding the DVD hostage.

I've been pretty lazy today, but I guess that's OK, 'cause I'm so old. I need my rest.

5 Comments:

Blogger Ms-Chievous said...

I'm likin' the new look old lady. :o) Happy Birthday!

1/29/2007 11:42:00 PM  
Blogger Phoebe said...

H.B., Anne!

1/30/2007 07:29:00 PM  
Blogger Trail Seeker said...

Happy (belated) birthday!

1/31/2007 11:49:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, happy belated birthday from me too! And many, many more to come!

2/01/2007 11:31:00 PM  
Blogger Randy said...

Happy belated birthday! I'm doing the Blue's Clues birthday candle dance:

Have a happy birthday, yooooou
and we'll have a great day, tooooo
everybody play
it's Ann's special day
happy birthday! (arms straight up)
BLOW OUT THE CANDLE! (bring arms down quickly while crouching and blowing out)

2/02/2007 06:41:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home