Sunday, March 27, 2005

Stability

I go for days and days lately feeling stable. Accepting challenges, rolling with the punches, feeling competent at work and balanced in my approach to life. I think about interests to pursue, and maybe making some changes in my diet.

And then in one weekend I feel like all that positive change has gone right out the window.

I missed just one Wellbutrin, on Friday afternoon. Saturday afternoon I was a mess. I was better by Saturday night, but this evening I messed up a shortcake for strawberry shortcake and I still haven't quite recovered.

I swear it's related to my menstrual cycle. What the hell is a woman my age still doing having regular periods? I ought to be so over this...I'm 45! But according to a website I read yesterday, the average age of onset of true menopause (as opposed to the warm-up known as perimenopause, with its reduced hormone levels, leeching of calcium from the bones, hot flashes, vaginal dryness and horrific mood swings) is 52. Which means I have seven more years of this to look forward to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home