Saturday, August 13, 2005

Interview(s)

I had an interview yesterday that went VERY well. I took two tests and slammed them both. I also did a great job with the Q&A portion, asking good questions and giving solid answers. The work sounds very interesting, with a solidly profitable family-owned drug company. The money is not very good, but it's better than what I'm making now, which is nothing.

I have an interview with a local hospital (as in, five minutes up the road) on Thursday. I will be interviewing with six(!) people, and they have asked me to prepare a "sample project plan." This is for a very good job (systems analyst), that will probably pay significantly more than the job I've already interviewed for - maybe double.

DH says I should have a goal of earning more than he does. We're so competitive. Har.

I guess the economy IS doing better than the last time I was out of work. Maybe I'll be able to stay on the Northshore, after all.

9 Comments:

Blogger Miranda said...

Yay! Way to go, Ann!

8/14/2005 05:48:00 PM  
Blogger JoeinVegas said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8/15/2005 09:36:00 AM  
Blogger JoeinVegas said...

Yes, go for it - take the big bucks.

8/15/2005 09:39:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm happy to hear you have some prospects - hope that all goes well - crossing my fingers for you!

8/15/2005 12:28:00 PM  
Blogger Trail Seeker said...

Hi Ann. I'll say a prayer for you, wait, I will send... uhmm do I have good karma to send in the first place? Okay I will be thinking about you, thats for sure.

8/15/2005 01:54:00 PM  
Blogger Phoebe said...

Can't say anything because I don't want to jinx it.
(holding breath)

8/15/2005 08:57:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

watch out for the hospital job. they are often 24/7 including holidays. of course, that might give you an excuse to skip church !

good luck for the best job that is suited to you and your lifestyle.

glad you are back out there, they cant keep you down. you remind me of the unsinkable molly brown.

8/15/2005 10:44:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, that was me, mommy.
but, you knew that ! smile

8/15/2005 10:45:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A high paying job with a family owned drug company? Does it get any better than that?! If you get free samples remember your good buddy in NM!

Good luck.

-Lori

8/17/2005 09:12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home