Thursday, December 29, 2005

Slacking

I spent most of the day today writing. I've really been bumming around since I got home. Remember the long list of things to do I wrote before I left? Eh. Not gonna happen. At least, not before the end of the year!

We have been doing some shopping, er, buying. We bought a new back door. I've been looking at carpet. I met an internet pal, Judy, for the first time on Monday, and had a very nice visit with her family. I do make the bed more days than not, but other than than, and setting up the computer, I've been a bit of a slug. I only feel vaguely guilty about it.

Oh, I have done a very little bit of organizing in the spare room/soon to be office.

DH, on the other hand, has been busy, busy, busy. He repaired a hole in the roof of the garage, and now he is repairing a hole in the roof of the family room. Both pre-date Katrina.

Nancy has suggested that I will have gumbo on New Year's Eve. That is an interesting idea. My family tradition is something with sauerkraut, for luck. Gumbo sounds way better. I don't make very good gumbo, though. Maybe we'll have to go out for dinner!

3 Comments:

Blogger Phoebe said...

I've been a horrible slacker these past few days too. But yeah -- not feeling too guilty about it either. Enjoy it while it lasts, huh?

I'll bet new carpet is in high demand in your area. Hope you get the one you like.

12/30/2005 04:34:00 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

There you are! Did you get that internship you wanted? I should write, I know.

I brought home some samples and threw them on the floor. The emerging favorite is just slightly darker than what I already have. And here, I thought I wanted a dramatic change.

12/30/2005 05:54:00 PM  
Blogger Phoebe said...

Yes, and write me, you impetuous fool! I never keep an online address book; I just hit the "reply" button.

12/30/2005 08:08:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home