Thursday, February 01, 2007

Kick-ass Texas Women we have lost

I noted this morning before I started work that Molly Ivins died yesterday. I did what probably several hundreds of women across the country did: I cried.

There's really nothing to say about Molly that hasn't been said by hundreds of other people, and much more eloquently than I could. All I can add is that her column in the liberal alternative paper in Lubbock was a bright glimmer in the Republican duststorm that is West Texas.

Molly's death brought to mind another kick ass Texas woman who died not long ago - Ann Richards. I remember an interview she did with Katie Couric on PBS that was broadcast from the 92nd Street Y in New York. She was inspiring. She actually made me look FORWARD to getting older.

To bring the circle round: Molly Ivins remembers Ann Richards.

I miss you both.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I felt like I'd been punched in the gut when I saw that she had died. What a huge loss. I will miss her so very much.

2/01/2007 11:35:00 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

Thank you, Ann. xo

2/02/2007 12:31:00 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

You're welcome Deb, a kick-ass Texas woman I'm glad to have found.

2/02/2007 01:59:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home