Sunday, May 01, 2005

Working on my day off

I was going to make some extra $$ setting up a PC for a colleague. Augh! They have an internal DSL modem, and Bellsouth told me the wrong driver to download. And you can't get internet access without the driver. I spent most of the day there and accomplished very little.

I don't like to charge by the hour, because if I was a professional, it would only take two hours or so even under those difficult conditions. I have mentally prepared myself to finish the job in a timely manner; I hope to get that done pretty quickly this week.

A week from tomorrow, DH is going to drive all the way across Texas to catch lizards (various species of the genus aspidoscilis) in New Mexico and Arizona. He'll probably be gone for about ten days or so. It'll be just me and Little Boy for most of that time; Older Son finishes school a week from Friday. This will definitely involved "working on my time off," because I'll be a single parent. Well, I did it to him twice already this year; I guess it's my turn.

2 Comments:

Blogger Trail Seeker said...

What your DH is doing sounds fun!

5/01/2005 11:48:00 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

My DH has a totally cool job. Well, except for the students. Being a professor would be great, if it wasn't for the students.

5/02/2005 09:21:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home