Saturday, May 07, 2005

Yard work

I really don't like doing yard work. I think I would like gardening if I didn't also have to cut the grass.

I love thinking about gardens, and how they could look in my yard. But because I'm in such poor physical condition, the actual work of yard work is really, really hard for me. I spent an hour cutting the front yard this morning, and by the time I was done it took me fifteen minutes to catch my breath.

The back yard is large and has a lot of potential. I think I would like to put raised plant beds in some strategic places, because it's a swamp, and to plant some large native plants and shrubs (vs. trees) along the fences. I would like a nice covered patio off the back door, perhaps even screened in ('cause we got bugs here) and a gravelly walkway meandering around the raised beds and native plants. There would be some yard for little boy to play in, and maybe even some neat plant/play areas, where he could crawl around and look for bugs and lizards. It would be nice to have a shallow pond, with some moving water in it, to bring in the frogs. We had frogs in the yard in January in a shallow marshy area (four inches of muck=happy frogs).

Of course, it would take big $$ to pay someone to do this, and is just too physically demanding for me right now. Maybe that's an incentive to become more physically fit.

1 Comments:

Blogger Miranda said...

I really hate yard work. I would maybe like it more if my yard didn't resemble something from Sanford and Son.

5/07/2005 08:03:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home