Monday, August 22, 2005

Anniversary

Today, I have been married to my DH for eight years.

Before I married him, I thought I wanted a guy I couldn't push around. There weren't too many guys like that. I have a forceful personality. Ahem.

Instead, I married the most gentle and pleasant and accomodating male human I've ever met. Instead of marrying someone I can't push around, I married someone I never want to push around. I married a man who makes me better than I am.

I've been very insecure in every other relationship I've had with a man. I am totally secure in this one. Even in my darkest times, I've always known I could trust him completely.

My only regret is that we didn't meet sooner. Perhaps I wouldn't have been ready for the relationship if we had met earlier, but the idea of another five years together on the starting end is really nice. As it is, I'm grateful for every day I have.

7 Comments:

Blogger Phoebe said...

Happy, sweet anniversary, Ann! You've got the Real Thing.

8/23/2005 10:02:00 AM  
Blogger JoeinVegas said...

Eight years! Sounds like you both work at it, good stuff.

8/23/2005 02:10:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Eight years is a long time, but still not long enough. Here's to many more years. Good for you!

-Lori

8/23/2005 03:02:00 PM  
Blogger Miranda said...

Aww...this post makes me want to cry tears of joy for you. You deserve every minute of happiness with your very special husband.

Happy Anniversary! And many more to come.

8/23/2005 07:36:00 PM  
Blogger Lisa M. said...

Happy Anniversary.

8/24/2005 05:37:00 PM  
Blogger Trail Seeker said...

Happy belated anniversary Ann!

8/25/2005 05:14:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy anniversary ann,
you and your sweet hubby make a good pair. you and he both deserve lots of happiness in your lives. here is to many more !
mommy1

8/27/2005 05:20:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home